Bookkeeper Cover Letter
Bookkeepers are responsible for maintaining financial records and operating accounting software. Typical duties of a Bookkeeper include developing and implementing bookkeeping procedures, verifying transactions, reconciling entries, collecting account information, issuing payments, and balancing accounts. These professionals are also required to monitor company expenditures and ensure compliance with tax requirements.
Based on our most successful Bookkeeper cover letter samples, the ideal candidate for the job should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Accounting expertise and knowledge of relevant software
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong numeracy skills
- Multitasking and the ability to work under pressure
- Teamworking skills
- Effective communication
- Data entry competences
- The ability to deal with complex information
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Bookkeeper displaying comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Bookkeeper Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Duval:
When I learned of Topaz International’s need for a Bookkeeper, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an analytical and detailed accounting professional with comprehensive experience recording and monitoring financial transactions for various businesses, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From preparing invoices and performing month-end closing tasks to verifying and submitting payments and reconciling accounts, I excel in handling a full range of bookkeeping and accounting concerns. Additionally, my demonstrated success in administrative and operational support—along with my commitment to adhering to corporate policies and guidelines—prepares me to make a significant and positive impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Comprehensive experience accurately and expeditiously managing financial information, accounting procedures, and tax preparation to drive efficiency and top-notch accuracy.
- Providing overarching support in account reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable, annual budgeting, and banking functions.
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while implementing highly efficient and accurate procedures to maximize productivity; performing effectively within both independent and team-oriented environments.
With my experience in performing corporate bookkeeping responsibilities, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role.
Thank you for your consideration.
Marilyn S. Hill
Bookkeeper cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a bookkeeper, or download the bookkeeper cover letter template in Word.
Are you keeping an accurate record of your career achievements? You should be. To be considered for top bookkeeper jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a bookkeeper, or download the bookkeeper cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about accounting careers and look for bookkeeper jobs on Monster.
Bookkeeper cover letter template
Sometown, DE 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
November 20, 2017
Mr. Dean Ambrose
55 West St.
Sometown, DE 55555
Dear Mr. Ambrose:
With this letter and attached résumé, I hope to convey my strong qualifications for your bookkeeper position advertised on Monster.
My experience spans 20 years in various accounting roles, including 12 years of experience as a full-charge bookkeeper for my present employer (XYZ, Inc.) and prior service as an accounts payable (AP) specialist, accounting assistant and payroll clerk.
In all positions, I demonstrated attention to detail; organizational, analytical and computational skills; superior service delivery; and strengths in financial reporting. I developed a range of bookkeeping and accounting skills, such as:
- AP and AR oversight (e.g., invoice management, collections, payments, PO verifications)
- Research and rapid resolution of discrepancies
- Vendor and supplier payments and EFT/ACH receivables
- Multi-state payroll and benefits administration
- Reconciliations (e.g., bank accounts, cash accounts and credit cards)
- Vendor relations, communications and negotiations
- Production of P&L, general ledger and budgeting reports
My diligent bookkeeping efforts have led to recovery of tens of thousands of dollars in overcharges, reversal of a history of inaccurate invoicing and acceleration of financial reporting and month-end close processes by up to 8 days.
My credentials include an associate’s degree in accounting (earned with honors) and experience using MS Excel, ERP and financial reporting software (MS Dynamics GP, JobOps, Peachtree, QuickBooks, Oracle and SAP).
You can reach me at (555) 555-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to your response.