The Importance of Physical Education Essay
1194 Words5 Pages
With more technology to feel the gap of physical labor for humans and poor nutrition, obesity is rising and people are not living up to their potential. Children have been spending more time indoors with a screen in their face and a controller in their hand. Lack of physical activity not only causes obesity, but lack of brain power and achievement. Children and their families need to be taught the proper ways of how to be healthy in physical education classes to maintain their health across their life span. By incorporating in more lifelong knowledge about health into our physical education systems, obesity rates will drop and students will do much better in school. Physical education (PE) has been around since Greek times, when health,…show more content…
(Teague) A main issue with physical education is that your grade is determined by your performance (Taylor). By hold all children to the same standard, fair judgment of right and wrong is flawed. A child with a less active history than another will not be able to achieve the same goals. A child with a completely different biological design than another will also not be able to compete at the same level as another.
Rather than judging people by their performance, effort and progress should be reported accurately. By “accurately”, I mean using technology, such as heart rate monitors and such to measure how effort and progress each student has. In Illinois, Naperville Central High School freshman were given an opportunity to be a part of the new physical education experiment. This experiment instructed students to come into school an hour earlier and run a mile as fast as they can, while keeping their average heart rate above 185. The results showed heightened awareness and high literacy rates. Exercise has shown to be able to prepare the brain for learning (Vigorous…).
Another major problem in physical education is that it is underappreciated. Ninety-four percent of schools in the United States have cut back their PE programs, leaving a measly six percent offering good fitness education to children. Schools felt the need to draw back on physical education to increase the
Meaning of physical education
Physical education has turned out to be an integral part of the lives of people where it ensures a better health and assures them a happy life ahead. As far as the meaning of physical education is concerned, it can be defined as the process of bringing changes in an individual’s life that are usually brought about by various experiences.
It not only aims at the physical health, but also incorporates other important aspects such as the mental, spiritual, social, emotional and moral health. All such things are acquired by the same sets of physical activities that can bring multiple benefits to an individual.
It would not be anyhow wrong if physical education is considered as a play way process of education. This is because it really educates people about various important issues such as proper eating habits, right lifestyles, and similar stuff but one never realizes that he or she is actually trying to educate themselves as they feel like playing and enjoying their time when they actually are involved in such physical education. Several people have given their own definition of physical education. As per some, it is an education of as well as through human movement in which various educational objectives are attained by him or her by the means of several muscle activities that involve games, sports, gymnastics, exercises and dance. As per others, it is a part of education that provides instructions towards the acre and development of the whole body ranging from some of the simpler exercises to the tougher ones.
Importance of physical education:
Physical education is not only about having a sound physical health but is also concerned about various other aspects of the personality of any individual. It works towards shaping the overall personality of a human being.
Given blow is a list of factors that would help people in knowing the real importance of physical education in the society:
- Maintenance of physical health: Physical fitness is one of the most vital aspects that determine the quality of life lead by any person. A healthy lifestyle ensures a better health and this is the reason that right eating habits along with the required exercise is known to be the key to a sound physical health. Physical education makes people aware about these factors and helps them attain good health through various activities that it incorporates.
- Confidence booster: A sound health ultimately leads to confidence boosting, when a person feels physically fit, he or she feels highly confident. Thus physical fitness helps in improving the confidence of a person.
- It further helps people understand about the right nutritional facts and about the proper eating habits. Physical education makes them aware of the things that are required in order to have a great health.
- It also makes people develop some important qualities like sportsmanship and team spirit. All such things help them grow in life.
- It also helps in ensuring an overall cognitive health that is associated with the mental health which is the first requirement in the modern times where everyone is highly involved in their busy lifestyles.
- what is the importance of physical education in our life
- definition of physical education and its importance
- physical education essay
- importance of physical education
- essay on physical education
- importance of physical education essay
- importance of physical education in schools essays
- paragraph of physical education